Do you have the Canon printer error code 1660? This is a common Canon printer error, so don’t be alarmed. We’ll look at the causes and solutions for error code 1660 in this article. By following the detailed steps outlined below, you can easily resolve Canon Printer Error 1660 on your own. I hope this information aids you in resolving your issue.
The error code 1660 in a Canon printer indicates that the ink cartridge was installed incorrectly or was misplaced. This error can occur due to a variety of factors. This is a simple mistake that can be quickly corrected. The following are the causes of this error:
- Cartridge installation that isn’t up to par
- Flaws in ink cartridges
- After refilling, the cartridges are not properly positioned.
- When the ink tank is not recognized by the printer.
- Reinstall the ink cartridges: Open the front cover and check whether the ink cartridges’ red light is on. The absence of red light indicates that the cartridges have not been properly installed. So, one by one, remove the cartridges and close the printer. Then, after a few moments, turn off the printer. Then, carefully reinstall the cartridges one by one after turning on the printer. Replace the front cover.
- Make sure the orange protective cap on the bottom of the ink cartridges isn’t broken or missing.
- Then press the resume or cancel button to start printing.
Reset the printer and clean the ink cartridges: Disconnect all of the printer’s cables after turning them off. By opening the cover, you can get the cartridges out. Then clean it thoroughly before reinstalling it. Then, for 5 minutes, press and hold the reset button. A red light will now start to blink. The red light blinks when the connection between the printer and the cartridges is perfect. After that, press and hold the reset button until the green light blinks. After the resetting process is finished, a test print is taken to see if the error has been removed.
To restart your printer, unplug it. Then, for a few seconds, press and hold the power button. To power up your printer, press and hold the power button. Leave it alone after that and print a test page.
Before reinstalling the printhead, remove it and clean it with dry cotton. Reinstall it after that.