A common problem that many users run into is a Canon printer error state. However, any of the following factors could play a role in this issue:
- An offline printer, outdated printer drivers, or incorrect driver installation are all possibilities.
- The printer spooler’s automatic mode is not active.
- Due to a port settings issue, it was not set as the “Default Printer.”
Any of the preceding causes could result in a Canon printer error state. As a result, the section that follows explains how to solve these problems.
Canon printer users frequently inquire, “How do I fix my Canon printer?” or “What should I do if my Canon printer breaks down?” so on and so forth
Follow the troubleshooting steps outlined below to find the answers to these questions.
You might run into the Canon printer in error state error if your printer is offline.In order to resolve this quickly, follow these steps:
- Start by typing Control Panel into the Windows Search Bar on your computer and pressing Enter.
- Select “Device and Printer>Select Your Printer Mode” next.
- Uncheck the “Use Printer Offline” box if the printer is offline by right-clicking it.
- Using these suggestions will allow you to use your Canon printer online, resolving the error state in Canon printer.
To use this strategy, just adhere to these steps:
- Type “services.msc” into the search bar and hit Enter to launch the Control Panel.
- When you reach the spooler service in the right pane, continue to scroll down the Window. Set it to “Start” as well.
- After that, select properties by performing a right-click on the spooler.
- From the drop-down menu for the startup type, choose “Automatic”. After that, click OK and Apply.
- Restart your computer after closing the service Window.
- We’ve finally resolved your “Canon printer is in an error state” problem.
- Select Control Panel in the Run dialogue box.
- Using navigation, locate the “Devices and Printers” category.
- To select your Canon printer, simply right-click on it.
- A drop-down menu will appear; click on “Make this my default printer.”
- If you click on your printer, it will turn green and stand out.
- Finally, “Default Mode” has been selected for your printer.
These troubleshooting steps ought to resolve the error state issue with your printer.
Windows 10 Canon printer error states may be caused by outdated or faulty drivers.
- To open the Device Management window, type CMD > devmgmt.msc into the Run dialogue box.
- Expand the print queue category by navigating to it in the Device Management Window.
- Then, from the menu that appears when you right-click on the printer device, choose Update Driver.
- In order to use “Automatically look for updated driver software,” you must restart your computer.
- Your Canon printer should no longer be experiencing an error state problem.
Changing the Port settings in the Canon printer could be an effective solution to the error state problem. You can do this by taking the actions listed below:
- Open the Run dialogue box and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ to access the Device Manager.
- Tap the Menu button, then the View tab, and then Show hidden devices.
- Select ‘properties’ from the right-click menu for the ports (COM & LPT).
- Choose “Port Settings” in the properties window.
- Select the option to “Use any interrupt assigned to the port.”
- Then, click OK and check the box that says “Enable legacy plug and play detection.”
- Check to see if your problem has been resolved by restarting your printer.
A faulty USB connection or an incorrect wireless connection could also be the cause of the ‘Canon printer goes into error state.’ As a result, you must double-check your printer’s connection.