The installation of the Canon Pixma iX6820 wireless printer on Windows and Mac computers is covered in detail in this article.
Using a Canon Pixma ix6820 to Set Up a Wireless Network
Pay close attention to the setup instructions for the Canon ix6820 wireless printer.
- Be sure to turn on your Canon ix6820 printer.
- Verify that the button on the access point is prepared for pressing.
- Hold down the printer’s WiFi button (A) until the white power lamp blinks once. Release the WiFi button after the first flash.
- Verify that both the white power lamp and the blue WiFi lamp are rapidly flashing.
- Next, hold down the button on the access point.
- The user must also make sure that both the white power lamp and the blue WiFi lamp are on.
- The setup of your wireless network connection is now finished.
Windows Wireless Canon ix6820 Printer Setup
The user can follow the instructions below to set up their Windows computer’s Canon ix6820 printer wirelessly.
- Before starting the wireless setup process, make sure the printer, router, and Windows PC are all turned on.
- Connect your Canon ix6820 printer to the wireless router as previously mentioned.
- Now download the printer driver for your Windows computer from canon.com/ijsetup.
- Select your printer model from the following result, then click “Download.”
- Double-click the driver software package option to start the setup after the download is finished. Then complete the installation process.
- To access the Control Panel, select the Windows search option.
- Select “Devices and Printers” in the following window.
- Now On the left side of the Windows screen, navigate to the “Add Printer” section. You’ll see a list of printers; choose your printer and wait a few moments.
- When you add a printer, it will appear in the Devices and Printers section. Take a print test right now.
Method of wired connection (Canon Pixma ix6820)
Take careful note of the steps in the Canon ix6820 wired connection procedure.
- Ascertain that your Canon ix6820 printer is turned on. Here, the white power lamp will be turned on.
- For this, you’ll need an Ethernet cable. Remove the cap (B) from the upper port on the right side of the back of the Canon Pixma ix6820 printer.
- Using an Ethernet cable, connect the printer and network device (C). Make sure it’s not connected to a USB port.
- Keep pressing the Resume/Cancel button until the time power lamp blinks eleven times. Release the Resume/Cancel button after the eleventh flash, and your wired connection setup is complete.
- Now, go to the Canon website and download the printer driver for Windows.
- Select your printer model from the drop-down menu and press the “Download” button. When the download is finished, choose the driver package option to start the installation. Then, carefully follow the onscreen instructions to finish the installation.
- Now, type control panel into the run dialogue box and press the OK button.
- Choose “Devices and Printers” from the following window that appears.
- “Add printer” can be found in the upper left corner. A list of the installed printers will now appear for your review.
- After selecting your printer model, wait a short while.
- Finally, you should be able to see and use your Canon printer in the “Devices & Printers” section.
Canon ix6820 Wireless Printer Setup for Mac
In the steps that follow, the user will be shown how to set up their Canon ix6820 printer wirelessly on a Mac.
- Check that the system is connected to the same network after turning on the printer and the WiFi router.
- Connect your printer to the WiFi network by following the instructions in the first paragraph.
- To download and install the most recent printer driver, go to the Canon website. Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the driver download.
- Selecting the Apple menu will take you to “System Preferences.”
- Select “Printers and Scanners” on the next screen.
- Click the “+” button in the bottom left corner of the prompt screen.
- After selecting your printer from the drop-down menu, wait a short while for the connection to be made.
- Congratulations, your Mac and Canon ix6820 printer are now connected.
This article should assist readers in configuring their Canon ix6820 printer.