Canon PIXMA E470 supports wireless printing through Wi-Fi and Wireless Direct. Both are separate printing techniques. I’ll discuss these two possibilities in detail and demonstrate how to apply them. Continue reading if you’re looking for instructions on how to reset the Canon E470’s wifi settings, modify the Canon PIXMA E470’s wifi settings, or connect the Canon E470 to a wireless router. Before we begin configuring the printer, there are a few prerequisites.
Canon PIXMA E470 may be networked and shared over a wireless router. All PCs or laptops connected to the same LAN/Wifi network may access and use the printer. The setup is quite difficult yet straightforward. I recommend that you first reset the printer’s settings to ensure that there are no issues while connecting the device. The Canon E470 is most easily connected to a network via a computer. The procedures are described in full below, along with a video demonstration of the setup. It is critical to reset the printer’s settings prior to changing the wifi connection. If your printer is brand new, skip this step and go to the section below on Wifi settings.
Hold down the Stop button. Wait until the alarm light flashes 19 times, then do what you need to do next. Do not press the stop button. When the Canon E470 factory settings have been restored, the power light will blink a few times to show that it has. This is how to get rid of all the previous settings and set the printer back to the way it was supposed to be. After this, it was easier to set up the printer on the Wi-Fi because of this. If you bought a new printer, then you don’t need to do this step at this time.
We’ll now examine the wifi settings for the Canon Pixma E470. If this is your first time connecting to this printer or if you wish to update its wifi settings, this is the simplest option. I’ll show you how to directly connect the Pixma E470 to the router. However, if you experience a difficulty, don’t forget to reset your printer’s default settings.
Prior to beginning, you should note down the following facts. SSID of the Router – Default Wireless Network Name; Password of the Router – Your Wireless Network Password. Additionally, you’ll want to ensure that your internet connection is functioning.
- Connect the Pixma E470 to a computer or laptop through the USB cable.
- Canon Pixma E470 Driver Download
- By selecting the Start Setup button, you may initiate the setup.
- Click Next after selecting your country’s region from the drop-down menu.
- By choosing Yes > Agree, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the Licence Agreement.
- Deactivate the block by checking the box next to it.
- Under Select Connection Method, click Wireless LAN Connection > Next.
- Before clicking Next, turn on the printer and wait a few seconds for the green light to stabilise.
- The Canon E470 Setup software will automatically begin the process of identifying the printer. This will take around 5 to 6 minutes. Do not worry; simply allow the application to run and wait for the Select Printer Screen to appear.
- Click “Configure the network connection in accordance with the instructions” under Select Printer. Click Next to continue.
- The following screen is titled “Printer Setup.” If the printer’s blue wifi light is blinking, press the Stop button. Otherwise, disregard and click Next.
- Press and hold the Wireless button for a brief period; release when the blue light begins to blink. Click Next after double-clicking the Colour button.
- Click Next to refresh the page; the application will now communicate with the router.
- On the Select wireless router page, select your wireless router and enter the password in the appropriate space below Network Key. After that, click Next.
- Allow the connection to be completed by the E470 setup programme. Connecting the Canon Pixma E470 to the wireless router takes around six to eight minutes.
- The Connection completed page will show, verifying that the printer has been successfully connected to the router.
- After unplugging the USB cord from the PC/Laptop, click Next.
- Pixma E470 will download and install the necessary drivers and software automatically.
- Additional Canon utilities are available via the Software Installation List. The handbook, My Image Garden, the Quick Menu PC App, Easy-WebPrint EX, and the XPS Driver are just a few examples.
- Click Next to complete setting.
This completes the printer installation and connection to the router. By following the procedures below, you may add the printer to any PC or Laptop connected to the same router through Wifi or LAN.
To begin the process of connecting the Pixma E470 to your PC, you must complete the add printer step. The sharing options in the web panel can be customised.
- Start > Type Add a Printer or Scanner in the Search Box.
- Select Add Printer and wait for Windows 10 to confirm the printer’s existence.
- It will automatically detect and install the E470’s required drivers.
This tutorial will walk you through the process of installing the Canon Pixma E470 on Windows 10. Any system may share this printer across the network. Similarly, for Scanner. After installing the printer, just launch the Windows Scan programme to begin using it. Additionally, you may operate the printer using Canon Inkjet mobile apps.