At that time when you want to print out something, you give its command to print out, but you are not able to get the printout And you get a mistake that says “driver is unavailable”. And this message tells you that you will not be able to print out anymore because you don’t have any printer driver available on your pc to perform.
What does it mean when a driver is unavailable on a printer?
Now many users get confused that what is the error and how it cameand how to fix it. well, this simply means that the driver of the printer you wish to take the printout from is currently missing or got corrupted due to some reason. If your driver is missing from the printer then it means that your pc window is outdated and are not compatible enough to work on your PC. However, solving this problem is a child play game and you do not worry about it. Just try these steps and you no longer have to face these problems.
Solutions to fixed windows printer drivers are unavailable
Solution -1.update your pc
- Click the start menu, of your device and open the “search bar”.
- Then you need to enter “update”
- Check updates
- If pc asking for an update, update it quickly
- Once pc is updated, restart it
- After that, try to take a printout and see you could take a printout or not.
Solution -2. Re-install the printer drivers
If you still see that the connecting wireless printer drivers are unavailable, then you must re-install the printer drivers on it.
Follow some steps that mention below:
- First, you need to press win+r
- You will the “RUN” dialog box on your screen.
- Type”devmgmt. msc” and press “OK”
- From the installed device, choose your model of printer.
- Right-click on it and hit the uninstall option.
- Now you need to re-install again printer drivers manually.
- Now for this, you need to go manufacturer’s official website.
- Choose your printer model.
- At last, you need to download the latest version of the printer driver
Solution-3. Try plug-and-play printer
- Remove all external connections that are connected to the computer.
- Now again connect all the connections to the computer properly.
- Now click on the start button.
- Now press the Settings tab and then select the device.
- Now choose the option, that says add scanner or printer.
- Now your Pc will see the connected device
- If your printer model is available there then choose it
- Now keep following some more prompts to reconnect it.
Solution- 4. check your pc for malware
You may not know but it is also possible that your pc has been attacked by malware. This often happens when you don’t keep it updated antivirus or It happens if you don’t turn on your antivirus application.
Some steps are mentioned below
- Press “ Win” key search for “security” then press enter
- select the virus and threat protect area
- Click scan option
- Select quick scan and click scan now
- If malware scan doesn’t show anything, run another one using
window defender offline scan option
Solution-5.inspect the printer logs
At this point, you should be in touch with your printer manufacturer and request assistance.
- Right-click on the windows button and select device manager
- Open the print queues group
- Select your printer device, right-click it, then go to properties
- Switch to the event tab
- Copy the details about each event
- Now contact your printer manufacturer and tell them all problems.
Using these methods you will overcome the printer driver unavailable problem once it unexpectedly crops up. Now you must have come to know what does it mean when a Driver is unavailable on a printer. you can try this method if you ever across these problems